· Water and mow lawns weekly. If it is very hot don’t cut the lawn too low. The longer leaves will shade the roots, so that it draws up less water.
· Remove dead flowers; this will extend the flowering period of your summer annuals and perennials.
· Pull out summer annuals, like petunias, that are over and put in some quick flowering annuals like Vinca, Marigolds and Angelonia.
· Lightly trim lavender, pelargoniums, and other bushy plants that need tidying up, as well as topiaries and hedges. Take cuttings of pelargoniums, hydrangeas, osteospermum, fuchsias, salvia, and heliotrope.
· There is still time to divide agapanthus and irises.
· Water camellias and azaleas regularly as they are getting buds for spring.
· Water containers daily and feed with a liquid fertiliser at half strength every second week.
What are the Best of Ekurhuleni Readers’ Choice Awards?
The Best of Ekurhuleni Reader’s Choice Awards were established to inspire the residents of Ekurhuleni to celebrate the best of the best and inspire growth and prosperity in local business and organizations.