• Two tablespoons sesame oil.
• Two garlic cloves, finely chopped.
• One kilogram chicken breasts, skinless and boneless.
• One head broccoli, stems removed.
• A dozen mushrooms, sliced.
• Three carrots, peeled and julienned.
• 200g green beans, diced.
• One head of bok choy spinach, chopped.
• Two to three tablespoons teriyaki sauce.
Heat one tablespoon of oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add garlic and stir. Place the chicken in the pan and brown four minutes on each side. Remove from pan, slice into strips and set aside.
Heat the remaining oil in a wok over high heat. Add the vegetables and teriyaki sauce. Stir-fry quickly until the vegetables begin to soften. Add the chicken strips, combine well and continue to cook for two to three minutes. Serve immediately.
What are the Best of Ekurhuleni Readers’ Choice Awards?
The Best of Ekurhuleni Reader’s Choice Awards were established to inspire the residents of Ekurhuleni to celebrate the best of the best and inspire growth and prosperity in local business and organizations.